07 November 2011

Jacob and the Angel of Death

It was said that that the Prophet Ya’qub (Jacob) ‘Alaihi Salam said to the Angel of Death, “I need something from you, and the angel of Death asked him what he wanted. Ya’qub said, “That you inform me when my term comes to an end, when the time comes that you capture my soul. “ The angel of Death said, “I will send two or three emissaries to you.
When Ya’qub’s term came to its expiration date, the angel of Death came to Ya’qub who asked, “Have you come to visit or capture my soul?” He said, “To capture your soul” Ya’qug said, “Did you not tell me that you will send me two or three emissaries?
The Angel of Death answered him , “Yes, and I did; the white hairs you have that used to be black, the weakness in your body after it was strong and your becoming bent after it was straight. These are my emissaries” 

Source: Silent Moments by Abdul-Malik Al-Qasim

No comments: