31 December 2011

A beautiful Hadith regarding a man who abused his slaves

'Aisha (RadiyAllah Anhuma) said: "A man sat in front of the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) and said: "O Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) verily I have slaves, they lie to me, are disloyal to me and disobey me. When I came to know about this I scold them and beat them. So tell me how have I been with them?" The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) replied: "What they were disloyal to you about, what they disobeyed you in, and what they lied to you about is measured, and the punishment which you inflicted upon them is also measured. If your punishment was equal to their sins, then the scale of balance is equal, it is not for you and nor is it against you. If your punishment to them was not to the extent of their sins (i.e. less than they deserved) then that is against you".

The man then fell back and began to weep and scream. The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said: "Haven’t you read the verse in the Book of Allah:

"And we shall set up balances on the Day of Resurrection, then none will be dealt with unjustly in anything..."(21:47)

The man replied; "By Allah, O Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) I do not see anything better for me and them than they leave me, I call you to witness that all of them are free". (Sunan at-Tirmidhi)

Source: Weeping from the fear of Allah

No comments: