04 April 2011

Satan talking to Imam Ahmed on his death bed

Abdullah bin Ahmed said:
"When death approached my father, I sat with him and in my hand was a scrap of cloth with which I wanted to tie his beard and he began to drift in and out of consciousness, then he opened his eyes and said, indicating with his hand: "No, not yet. No, not yet" And he repeated it three times. After the third repetition ,I said to him: Oh, my father! What is this thing which you have said at this time? You fall into unconsciousness so that we say that you have gone,then you return (to consciousness) and say: "No ,not yet. No,not yet" He said to me : Oh, my son! Do you not know?" I said: "No". He said :" Satan -May Allah's curse be upon him- stood before me, he lowered himself on his knuckles and said to me:"Oh, Ahmad!You have eluded me." But I replied: "No, not yet,not yet until I die."

Source: The biography of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal by Salahuddin Ali Abdul Mawjood/ Translated by :Sameh Strauch

No comments: