05 April 2011

Some of the dreams people saw about Sufyaan -Ath -Thawri after his death

Imam Sufyan was dear to the hearts of the scholars and common Muslims alike, so much so that some of them remembered Imam Sufyan both in their waking and sleeping hours. Following are some of the dreams that people saw about him after he died- May Allah have Mercy on him.

Sakhr ibn Raashid said, "After 'Abdullah ibn Al-Mubaarak died, I saw (and met) him in my sleep, and I said to him, "Didn't you die?" He replied, "Yes", I asked , "And what did your Lord do with you?" He said, "He forgave me in such a manner that His forgiveness encompassed all my sins." I said, " And what happened to Sufyan Ath-Thawri?" He said, " What happened with him is wonderful indeed: He is:

مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّـهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَالصَّالِحِينَ ۚ وَحَسُنَ أُولَـٰئِكَ رَفِيقًا

"In the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqun(those followers of the Prophets who were first and foremost to believe in them, like Abu Bakr As-Siddiq), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!" (Quran 4:69)'"

Ibraheem ibn 'Ayun Al-Bajalee said, "I saw Sufyan in a dream, and his beard was red. I said, "O Abu 'Abdullah(Imam Sufyan) may I held ransom for you! what happened to you?" He said, "I am with Safarah." I said, "Who are the Safarah?" He said , "Al-Kiram Al-Bararah."

(Safarah refers to the scribes (angels) in the first of the following two Verses, and Al-Kiraam Al-Bararah is the description of the Safarah that is given in the second of the follwoing Verses

(بِأَيْدِي سَفَرَةٍ ﴿١٥﴾ كِرَامٍ بَرَرَةٍ ﴿١٦

"In the hands of scribes(angels).Honorable and obedient."(Qur'an 80:15,16)

Su'air ibn Al-Khumus said, "In a dream, I saw Sufyan flying from date-palm tree to date-palm tree, and all the while reciting

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّـهِ الَّذِي صَدَقَنَا وَعْدَهُ

"All the praises and thanks be to Allah Who has fulfilled His Promise to us."(Qur'an 39:74)

Source: The biography of Sufyan Ath-Thawri by Salahud-Deen ibn 'Alee ibn 'Abdul-Maujood

No comments: