16 September 2011

Some of the sayings on death bed

Muhamad ibn Wasi bid farewell to his companions and said: Peace be upon you, either to the fire or to the forgiveness of Allah."

Ibn uyaynah said, "when death came to Muhammad ibn al- Munkadir he became apprehensive and so the people summoned Abu Hazim and he came. ibn al- Munkadir said to him " Allah says: 'And there will appear unto them from their Lord that where with they never reckoned' and I fear that things will become clear to me and confront me that I never expected." Then both of them broke down in tears. Recorded by ibn Hatim and ibn Abi dunya adds in his report , so his family said " we called you that you may console him, but you have only increased his apprehension."

One of the devout worshiper on his death bed was asked about his state and he replied:
"None who enters the grave knows what lies awaiting, Save Allah,the One Who to graves is leading"

One of the companions was overcome with anxiety at the time of his death and he was asked about his state to which he replied , "Allah took his creation in two handfuls, a handful for Paradise , and a handful for Hell, and I have no idea to which handful I belong".

Nakhai wept at the time of death saying " I await the messengers of my Lord, and I have no idea he will give me glad tidings of Paradise or Hell".

Source: The Journey to Allah by Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali

No comments: