06 January 2012

The righteous father

Abu Jafar al-Adami relates: I was in Yemen attending to some of my needs, and I came upon a man with his young son. His son said, "This is my father and he is the best of his fathers, except he does something due to which for him" I said, "what is that he does"

He said, "I have cows that I milk in the afternoon. I milk them and come to my father while he is in prayer, and I would like that he drink before my dependents. So I remain there waiting for him with the vessel in my hand as he prays. Sometimes he does not finish and turn to me until the appearance of dawn. "I said to the father, "What do you say" He said “He has spoken the truth" and he praised his son. He said to me, "I shall inform you of mu excuse (concerning this matter). When I enter the Salah and begin reciting Quran, it takes me to great heights. It busies me such that I do not even remember him until morning”.
This affair was mentioned Abdullah ibn Marzuq so he said, "The people of Yemen are being protected because of this two person's actions"  This affair was mentioned to Sufyan bin Uyaynah and he said " The people of the world are being protected because of them". 

Source: The biography of Imam Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah by Salaahud-deen 'Ali Abdul Mawjood

No comments: